Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 6: Fresh Herbs

When buying them in the store, fresh herbs can be expensive. But some of the literature on candidiasis indicates that dried herbs gain yeast-enhancing molds during the drying process. So to be true to that, I only include fresh herbs on my list.

My favorites tend to be basil and mint. Rosemary is good too, but a little goes a very long way. My boss brought in some herbs from her garden so I got to play with some fresh sage, parsley, thyme, and oregano as well.

I was so envious of her access to the fresh herbs; I really need to start my own garden. I feel like I would find some much more to do with the herbs instead of just adding them to chicken and pasta! I think I'll start with a little basil plant. I understand mint is quite prolific and with my luck, it would overtake everything else in our yard.

At some point, I want to try Vietnamese, vegetarian summer rolls. They tend to be rice paper, mint, carrots, leafy greens, red cabbage, and a few other veggies thrown into taste. That would be a good use for mint. I'll post the recipe once I try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment