Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 3: Chicken

Day 3: Plain, plain, plain chicken

I used to season everything with garlic. It was wonderful on chicken. About 13 months ago though, I found out I was allergic to garlic too. Sigh! First gluten, now garlic (and yeast!)--what was I going to eat?

I've created a simple baked chicken recipe that works for me. I eat it with brown rice or brown rice pasta. It would be great with the millet & corn recipe from yesterday too.

1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken tenders
2 Tbsp corn oil
1/2 cup of fresh shredded basil
Dextrose-free salt & pepper to taste
Squirt of lemon juice, if you're feeling brave

  • Preheat the oven to 375.
  • Put oil in 11 x 14 pan. Season with salt & pepper (yes, there's no chicken in there yet!)
  • Add lemon juice, if you are feeling up for it..
  • Wash chicken tenders. Roll in oil, salt & pepper (+ lemon) to coat. Lay flat in single layer in pan.
  • Cook for 20 minutes.
  • Carefully flip over tenders with fork and sprinkle basil on.
  • Cook for 10-15 more minutes until done.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment