I used to season everything with garlic. It was wonderful on chicken. About 13 months ago though, I found out I was allergic to garlic too. Sigh! First gluten, now garlic (and yeast!)--what was I going to eat?
I've created a simple baked chicken recipe that works for me. I eat it with brown rice or brown rice pasta. It would be great with the millet & corn recipe from yesterday too.
1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken tenders
2 Tbsp corn oil
1/2 cup of fresh shredded basil
Dextrose-free salt & pepper to taste
Squirt of lemon juice, if you're feeling brave
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Put oil in 11 x 14 pan. Season with salt & pepper (yes, there's no chicken in there yet!)
- Add lemon juice, if you are feeling up for it..
- Wash chicken tenders. Roll in oil, salt & pepper (+ lemon) to coat. Lay flat in single layer in pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully flip over tenders with fork and sprinkle basil on.
- Cook for 10-15 more minutes until done.