However, last summer my nutritionist recommended Fage yogurt, because the lactose-level is low. It settled well when I didn't eat it with blueberries (I'm allergic, it turns out, to blueberries).
Fage's site lists a bunch of recipes: http://www.fageusa.com/recipes.aspx. This one struck me as very yummy. I think I will try to make it this weekend!
Lamb Cutlets with a Herb Crust and Yogurt Dressing(http://www.fageusa.com/recipe_detail.aspx?PageId=172)
This recipe is very simple, but looks spectacular, and so is ideal for entertaining. Serve with Mediterranean-style rice, cooked with a little onion, tomato and herbs, and a generous helping of thick, creamy FAGE Total Yogurt.
Small bunch of thyme, stalks removed
1 tbsp each mixed peppercorns, cumin seeds and coriander seeds
Large bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Lamb cutlets 2 – 3 per person, depending on size
7 oz FAGE Total Yogurt
1 1/2 lemon
- Place the thyme, spices and parsley in a pestle with the oil and grind for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Press this seasoning into both surfaces of each cutlet.
- Grill or cook the cutlets in a griddle pan for about 8 minutes until thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Mix the FAGE Total Yogurt with the lemon juice and spoon over the cutlets, just before serving.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.