Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2: Millet

I'll admit I was looking for another grain when I ran across the millet this morning. I don't know that I've ever cooked or cooked with millet before today, but I decide this would be a good one for Day 2.

Here's a simple recipe I tried this morning.

Millet & Pan-cooked Corn

  • 2 3/4 + 1/4 cups water
  • 1 + 1 tablespoons corn oil
  • 1 cup uncooked millet
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn Kosher sea salt with no dextrose added - to taste
  • Pepper - to taste

Put 2 3/4 cups water, 1 Tbsp corn oil, & a little salt in a pot. Bring to a boil.

Add millet & cover. Simmer for 25 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.

5 minutes after the millet is done, put other Tbsp of corn oil, 1/4 cup water & a little salt into a skillet. Heat up and added frozen corn.

Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.

Add millet to corn in skillet, stirring together. Millet will soak up the water/oil/corn "juice" mixture.

Once thoroughly mixed, scoop onto plate and serve!

If you cook this recipe, just comment and let me know! I know I've scoured the web for simple recipes with only a few ingredients and it's been hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment